How Long Does Food Last in the Fridge? Frigidaire Repair Experts Answer
Expiration dates usually give us a good indication of how long food will last in the refrigerator, but no one wants to be stuck making a judgment call on their leftovers. That’s why our Frigidaire repair experts did some research to determine accurate measurements for many food item lifespans. Take a look at the list we’ve compiled and go through your refrigerator to evict anything that has overstayed its welcome.
- Milk: The #1 cause of expiration-date dilemmas, milk lasts seven days in the refrigerator. Anything over a week and you have entered uncertain territory.
- Leftovers: Takeout–Chinese food, pizza, etc.–generally lasts three to four days in the refrigerator.
- Bacon: The Internet’s breakfast food of choice will last seven days in the refrigerator, but up to a month in the freezer.
- Ground Meat: One to two days in the fridge and three to four months in the freezer.
- Ice Cream: The frozen dessert will be good for two to four months in the freezer, but we’ve generally found that ice cream is gone long before then.
If your refrigerator isn’t going the distance and keeping your food fresh for the listed times, you may need maintenance or repairs from a trained specialist. Technicians trained to work with products from a single manufacturer, such as Maytag repair personnel, are often your best bet, so contact a local repair company for expert advice and service.