Gas vs. Electric Ranges
Although both gas and electric ranges will probably perform whatever task you have in mind to an equal standard, there are certain differences that may sway you when making your decision. Feel free to consider the below points of difference before making your purchase.
- Easier to gauge and precisely adjust flames.
- More even stove-top cooking, as gas flames heat both the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Less ambient heat to the rest of the kitchen.
- Ability to change temperature rapidly.
- Less expensive to purchase and install.
- No igniter or lighter fluid required.
- No dangerous naked flame.
On the other hand, both choices also have certain cons that should be kept in mind when weighing options. Electric ranges are slower to cool once turned off, and are also subject to power outages. Gas ranges are considerably more expensive to buy and install, and significantly more dangerous with the potential for gas leaks.
While either a gas or electric range will get the job done, both are unfortunately subject to breakdown. If you find your range is no longer functioning properly, it may be time to look into appliance repair in Brooklyn NY. And for those searching for experts in Maytag oven repair, look no further than the seasoned team at Superior Appliance.